Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Midweek musings

Just recounting the week.   I feel rushed and overwhelmed.  Journaling often helps tame that monster!

Saturday was great - winning second place at our certamen meet.  Euge!

But that took all of Saturday and I didn't get my usual done on that day.

Sunday felt so rushed - I needed to grocery shop.   I was determined that I'd plan meals better than the week before - which was non existent and it showed it how much junk we ate.  So I got that done but then we missed all the morning masses and instead went to an evening one.

I had been so good about keeping up with 31 Days to Get Organized but I have completely fallen off the wagon there.  I hope today I can do something!

Monday was focused on deciding whether Josh would go back to Christendom (he didn't do so well first semester grade wise).  We had a nice consultation with someone there but that took time and emotional energy.  He is going back though.  That's good.  Then I had to do stuff to prep for our AHG meeting and plan RE class.  Both those events went well, but again took time away from studies and household things.  So tired Monday night.

With all this going on I also was dealing with Aunt Jackie being critically ill in the hospital.  That happened on Saturday.  I finally got to visit her yesterday.  Poor thing, she is in bad shape.  I spent all day at the hospital and then picked up Sean and took him his counselor's meeting (regular Tues. event).  But that meant I wasn't home and even though I left explicit instructions nothing got done.  I was so mad last night.  I just feel so out of control with everything.

So today I plan to only leave the house to take Sean to and from school.  Then will hunker down with Becky to prep for Aquinas tomorrow,  plan my classes, and clean the house.

So I need to let prayer be my center today and then proceed calmly through out the day getting things done.

Putting this down I see that none of it is a big deal.  I think all the stress and the gloomy weather have gotten me down.  Okay, ready to take on the day.

Lord bless me in all I do today!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I think you've had a pretty stressful and busy week! I do wish people would leave me alone to hunker down all of January. I need a month of hibernation to deal with the rest of the year.

    Let me know if you need any help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't call it a non-big deal! That's a lot to have going on... hang in there, and prayers....

    ReplyDelete