Got up around 6:30 or so. Had a cup of black coffee and a pear.
7:30 went out for bagels. Got a hazelnut coffee 2% milk. Came home and completely forgot I was only going to have half a bagel. Had a perfectly delicious everything bagel with veggie cream cheese.
12:30 had left over mushy beef with carrots/parsnips/tomatoes.
1:30 had another cup of coffee with 2% to fortify me to clean up, vacuum and dust Becky's room while she's still at her sleep over.
Started making chicken and rice soup from chicken broth I made on Thursday.
Oops, got interrupted making chicken and rice soup when I got an email asking where I was. Was supposed to be at an Aquinas Learning mentor meeting. Abandoned soup-making and family and went to meeting. Told Rick I would be home early (meeting started at 4:30 but I didn't make it until almost 5:30 and then didn't get home until after 10 p.m.)
I wound up eating chicken curry over rice, some kind of chick pea Indian dish and then a side dish of cantaloupe and honeydew with a little vanilla yogurt dolloped on top. This was from the Wegman's hot food bar.
It has now been a full week since I've started recording what I am eating. I am about three pounds lighter than I was at the beginning of last week. But my weight is like that. I fluctuate about 3 or 4 pounds pretty easily. Writing this down is pretty boring and more time consuming than I thought it would be. BUT I think I should try to keep it up. It did put a brake on my binging. I was at times tempted to be dishonest as in I'd think to myself: I can eat more I just won't record it! Gluttony is truly a vice.
This week though, I am afraid I'll lose my momentum. My dear aunt seems to be dying and I keep thinking that some day very soon, we'll get the news that she has passed away. I feel like Damocles with that sword dangling over his head. It is going to fall, just don't know when. I am kind of numb about it. I plan to go see Aunt Jackie this afternoon; haven't been all week due to business and weather.
So I will try and record everything and I think I'll also try to record anything physical I do too. I am so out of the habit of exercising now that I stopped the physical training. I keep making plans and then not following through. Also, through all this my arm still really hurts. I have to get to the doctor to get a referral to get it x-ray and then to physical therapy.
No comments:
Post a Comment