We are currently watching this DVD lecture series. We are on Unit 9 (out of 17 units). I am absolutely enthralled by it! I'm watching it with my 18 and 11 year old sons. My 11 year old claims he does not like history. He does however love all things musical, so when I stumbled across a mention of this course at The Well Trained Mind board, I eagerly checked it out. It's perfect! Dr. Carol Reynolds is so cute and quirky, intelligent and enthusiastic. I've studied lots of history in my day, but I'm learning a lot from this course.
If you have a music lover or a history lover, you may really enjoy this course. I'm a little sad that we aren't using the workbook that comes with it. I initially looked at it and saw all the fill in the blanks and thought ugh! I knew the 11 yo would never consent happily to such things. So we decided to just watch the lectures. The lectures are so rich though, I feel the need for reinforcement. I'm kind of thinking of just watching all the lectures all the way through this time, but later on, maybe when my 11 year old is high school age, going back and doing the whole course. Now that I'm looking at the workbook more closely, I can see that it adds a lot to the course.
Anyway, we all give Dr. Reynolds an enthusiastic two thumbs up!
No comments:
Post a Comment