Sunday, October 24, 2010

wikihow

My 11 year old continues in his fascination with various, funky wind instruments.  So far he's been teaching himself:  slide whistle, harmonica, ocarina and the jaw-harp (otherwise know as a jew-harp but he's uncomfortable saying that and really it doesn't make any sense any way!).  We have a very old penny or tin whistle that we got ten or more years ago from some Irish girls who came to stay with us.  He sometimes picks that up and fools around on it, trying to pipe out little tunes.  Last night though he went at it in a little more earnest.  He checked out wikihow and was teaching himself that way.  When I entered the study where he was on the computer doing all this, I was surprised to find that the teacher is an Irish Catholic priest!  Actually, I think he is a seminarian at Fordham University.

Anyway here's the link.http://www.wikihow.com/Play-the-Tin-Whistle

No comments:

Post a Comment