Sunday, January 19, 2014

Food Diary - Sunday, 1/19/14

I've decided to try and journal everything I eat for a week.  Hopefully, this will shame me into eating less, if I semi-publicly admit to everything that passes my lips.

Early A.M.  Had two cups of coffee with a splash of 2% milk.  Later, ate a banana.  I got up before 7 and we went to 10:00 a.m. Mass so I got hungry.  I knew I would never make it through Mass without my stomach growling embarrassing loudly!

I think I had at least one tall glass of water.

After Mass, resisted eating the donuts the Knights of Columbus were serving. Everyone else was munching away on their chewy goodness, so I went and sat in the car.  I could feel myself weakening.   Then we went to our usual diner and ate a late breakfast.  I had what was supposed to be a 2 egg omelet but looked more 3 egg to me.  It was a western one with tiny cubes of ham, pepper and onion.  I also had a fresh fruit cup and some whole wheat toast with a little bit of butter.  Drank another cup of coffee with half and half.  Drank a glass of water with the meal as well.  We left the restaurant around 12:30.

Started getting peckish around 5 and knew that we weren't going to eat dinner until about 7, so I made a cup of plain tea and had about 4 small multigrain crackers.  But a little bit later was still hungry, so I had another banana with a spoonful of organic peanut butter.

Dinner - Rick grilled so we had steak, hamburger and hot dogs.  I had one Hebrew Nat'l without bun.  I had a small cheeseburger (Rick makes his hamburgers small so they fit on slider buns).   I had it on a bun with a slice of tomato.  I had the equivalent of a small steak, probably the size of my palm.  I steamed up a bunch of kale in a little bit of olive oil and water, seasoned with garlic salt and some sea salt (I like it salty).  The I made a sauce of a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt and some honey.  Rick and I ate out Friday night and that was a side dish I got.  It was delicious.  Yum.  My new favorite way to eat kale.  I also sliced up a cucumber and had some of those.

Every Sunday I eat too much meat because Rick grills up a ton of food and it is all delicious.

Now I am stuffed.  I had a glass of water with dinner, but I can see I did not drink enough today.


No comments:

Post a Comment