Saturday, January 25, 2014

Menu Planning for week of 1/25/14 - 2/1/14

Alright, since I want to really focus on eating well and keeping track of what I eat, I have to plan everything out.  I am not good at this!  Inevitably I fall apart towards the latter end of the week.  But here's a try:

Saturday:
Bagels for breakfast, fruit
Leftovers for lunch
Dinner - Italian cold cut subs and homemade chicken and rice soup

Sunday:
Eat late breakfast at diner
Early dinner - Rick grills something?  Big tossed salad.

Monday:
B:  Finish up bagels, fruit
L:  Sean - has early dismissal so no need to pack lunch.  Choice are:  pbj, sandwich meats, salad, soup, etc
D: since I'll be out until about 5:30 due to AHG meeting, I think I'll use up the Trader Joe's Chinese food I've got in the freezer:  vegetable fried rice, frozen orange chicken, stir fry veggies.

Tuesday:
B:  Some kind of eggs and toast, fruit
L:  leftovers, sandwich fixings, salads, soup, etc. (Early dismissal)
D: slow cooker ribs, potatoes, raw veggies

Wednesday:
B: Slow cooker oatmeal, fruit
L:  Leftovers, sandwich fixings, salads, soup, etc (Pack Sean's lunch)
D:  fajitas, rice and beans.

Thursday:
B:  Cheese, rolls and fruit
L:  Lunch out (pack Sean's lunch)
D:  Pizza at Aquinas for Becky and me.  Rick, Sean and Hannah on their own.

Friday:
B:  oatmeal cakes w/syrup and fruit
L:  fish sticks and homemade fries (pack Sean's lunch)
D:  Homemade mac and cheese, veggies, peaches

Saturday:
B:  bagels
L:  leftovers, etc.
D:  meatloaf, mashed potatoes, salad

Okay now to clean out the fridge for about 5 minutes and then off to the store!




No comments:

Post a Comment