Got up at 5:30 and had a couple of cups of black coffee. I have to stop drinking so much coffee though for three reasons: 1) It makes my stomach roil and rumble which makes me think I'm hungry when I probably am not. 2) I have been sleeping badly 3) too acidic - I think that is why I am having eczema outbreaks.
Breakfast - made overnight slow cooker oatmeal. All my life I hated oatmeal until I tried slow cooker oatmeal a few years ago. It is so delicious! I made it so my kids going to the March for Life could eat something warm and hearty before heading out. Alas, they had to get up so early, they were really grumpy and not hungry at all. Rick made them all eat a couple of spoonfuls. Will actually ate a whole bowl.
I had one bowlful of oatmeal with some cane sugar sprinkled on and a little packet of breakfast trail mix on top too. The breakfast trail mix probably isn't the best thing to put on. It's got natural flavoring (MSG?) and lots of other ingredients. 210 calories, 90g from fat with 2g fiber. Next time I'll just put dried fruit and some nuts on.
Bad food day or so it seems. I should have put the trail mix away. Instead I sat working at the table and realized after a while that I had been mindlessly snacking away. But somehow I was so hungry. Around noon had two smallish bowls of potato cheese soup and then scolded myself severely and said I should not eat anything until dinner.
I went out in the afternoon to run errands. I was so hungry. I almost bought a candy bar but then didn't. I almost pulled into MacDonald's but then didn't. I was going to be strong and go home and eat something healthy like a pear or baby carrots. But on my way home got a call from the kids. They were back at the parish an hour earlier than planned (they'd been at the March for Life). So I turned around and went to pick them up. They got in the car and said they were famished. Will noted that he had to eat early because of his flight back to Boston and that he was craving a cup of coffee (son after my own heart!). So we wound up stopping at the diner we usually eat Sunday breakfast. I was so hungry by this time and surrounded by hungry offspring. I got a reuben sandwich platter and ate most of the fries too (but not quite all!). It was a delicious reuben sandwich. . . . hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment