Sunday, January 16, 2011

Anatomy of a Coffee Table

 Our family room coffee table is a prime strewing spot in our house.  I should have taken a before picture which would have shown it with books and magazines all jumbled into messy piles, cups and glasses, used tissues and other trash and lots of odds and endsy sorts of things dumped on it.  I didn't take that picture, but I did take picture of what it looks like after I'd spent close to an hour dejunking it.

A thing of beauty!  A clean coffee table!

Two atlases and the books that are currently being read, either out loud or independently.

Starting in the upper left corner this is religious and philosophical reading.

Mad libs, Sudoku and crosswords as well as Consumer Reports

Nature and gardening stuff
Cooking mags on one side and some nice art and history picture books next to it.
Becky and Sean got these subscriptions to magazines for Christmas

Still have the math books out I was strewing during our Advent school.

Basket underneath the table for library books.

Sundries basket with things like Klutz books, art supplies, little games, etc.

.
Then there's that little pile of stuff I don't know what to do with!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures. I have been wanting to get a coffee table to strew things on because right now they are just scattered. they may still be that way most of the time anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get another basket!

    Is the Muse magazine good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so much like my coffee table (except mine is not so organized!) I love the strew approach too. It works wonders.

    ReplyDelete