I usually love Christie and am in awe of her wonderful writing skills. I did love all the conversations in this book, partly because of the writing and partly because the reader, John Moffatt was so spectacularly good. He impressed me so much I looked him up because I had never heard of him but apparently a major part of his career was playing Hercule Poirot on BBC radio productions of Christie books. However wonderful some aspects of the book and audio were, I thought the story line was weak. I knew what had happened half way through the book and I am usually lousy at guessing at these things. I thought the plot was a bit thin and Christie dragged out the suspense in an obvious way. So, surprisingly I didn't love this. It was okay entertainment while driving around but it was a bit disappointing story-wise.
This book was published in 1972, four years before Christie's death One little element I did like was what was written on the tombstone over the three people who had died:
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy
Lord have mercy
For more book reviews go to Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment