I am just revisiting this resource for my youngest child. These are wonderful audio stories that teach virtues in a really clever and meaningful way. My older kids listened to these over and over again for years. Somehow we seemed to have lost many of the tapes over the years. And then tapes started being old hat anyway and we preferred CDs. Then our last tape player broke and we never got it fixed. Lately, I have been thinking about how much my older kids learned from these audios and feeling regret that my younger kids have missed out. So I got my husband to check out their website (I was too sleepy at the time. LOL!). It's different from before when I bought the cassettes 10 years ago. You have to sign up and join their site for $50.00; then you have a choice of downloading the stories for your MP3 player or getting them on CDs once a month. I opted for the CDs because to me having to download and make our own CD just added another layer of complexity that I don't deal with well.
So this resource does appear to be pretty pricey, however, my older kids did listen to the tapes again and again for years and it looks like now you get lots of information, advice, activities, etc from their website. I've read a couple of the Eyre's books and they are excellent. The Eyre's are Mormon, but I never read or heard anything that conflicted with the Catholic faith. They just teach good old fashioned family values in an entertaining, clever and surprisingly profound way.
So check out Alexander's Amazing Adventures in the kingdom of Inlandia and learn about things like honesty, self-discipline and chastity and laugh a lot too while you (and your kids!) are learning!
No comments:
Post a Comment