Thursday, March 30, 2017

Slaying the Plastic Dragon - Day 26 - Dog Doody Bags


My puppy when she was eight weeks old.


I'm lucky in that I have a backyard that no one plays in except my dog and a couple of cats.  I don't worry about having to scoop after my dog because she wasn't trained to go during walks.  She has full run of the fenced in portion of our yard.  If we humans want to socialize we go to the front yard or the side back yard (not fenced in-complete with fort and swing) or we just hang out on our screened in back porch.  In the summer it can get smelly and so I occasionally scoop and then toss the remains into the little wooded patch beyond the fence.  As result, we have the plushest, greenest grass in our backyard!  But I seldom have to deal with the issue of plastic and following pooper scooper laws.

I have no time this morning to blog really, so I'll just leave you with a link to this article which I hope is pretty up to date, about how to be environmentally friendly and look after your dog at the same time.  

I know around here, along walking paths, you often see a dispenser with plastic bags near a garbage can, encouraging people to clean up after their dogs.  Turns out it is this organization, The Doody Free Water Project who supplies these.  However, in my quick perusal of their site, I do not see what type of plastic bags they use.  They may be adding to on environmental problem, even as they try to solve another one!  Plastic really is a conundrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment