Monday, March 27, 2017

Slaying the Plastic Dragon - Day 23 - Random notes of panic

This weekend was very nice but now I realize that I'm in trouble!  My final exam is due by April 1.  I kept thinking I had another week!  And this week is crammed with outside events like an orthodontist appointment, a field trip, certamen (Latin competition) and a baby shower.  Plus things like an AHG meeting, getting S to the airport (he's going up to Boston to play flute in a concert!) on Wednesday.  And regular stuff like driving kids to classes and shopping, preparing meals, etc.  There's no way I can finish reading for my book club this week.  The professor actually doubled our reading for this week to catch up so that we can end on time!  There's no way I can handle that this week!  Argh!

I drove down to Williamsburg to meet my longtime on line Australian friend and three other lovely ladies as well.  It was fun.  My big anti plastic thing was to bring my travel coffee mug and fill it up along the way.  On the way back, I was getting sleepy but this time I filled up my water bottle with a coke.  I've never brought my own bottle to fill.  I've reached a new level!

Little 17 month old Dylan at the National Aquarium in Baltimore.  I love this photo!

I think my husband and children are beginning to take me seriously.  While I was in Williamsburg, they all went to Baltimore to take D and V to the aquarium (their first time) and to visit with granddad and P, his lady friend.  And lo and behold right before the presentation on the dolphins the folks at the aquarium opened with a talk about how bad plastic is for aquatic animals and how the kindest thing we can do for them is to stop using plastic bags!  They were all like, wow, mom isn't so crazy after all!

That's all I got right now.  I think this week, I'll simply post links daily to interesting sites that deal with the problem of plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment