Sunday, July 22, 2018

The Mystery of the Blue Train - Book 19



The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie is the next Hercule Poirot mystery.  I think it is number 6 in the series Christie wrote featuring her Belgian detective.

I found this mystery more engaging than the past couple of ones.  I think I like it when Poirot isn't emphasized quite as much.  I find Christie maybe gets a little heavy handed with trying to endear Poirot to us with all his quirks.  This book struck a nice balance with well developed characters operating outside Poirot's sphere until he steps in to solve the case.

There's not only a murder but a jewel theft as well.  Lots of mysterious goings on.  The plot kept me interested and was a nice escape from reality, all written in Christie's skillful storytelling style.

Two thumbs up!

For more book reviews go to 52 Books in 52 Weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment