Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Housekeeping Diary 7/17/18

I didn't get much done today.  BUT I did declutter my dresser top, as much as possible. It was towering with junk!  I still, if you can believe it, have pictures stacked up on it that we took down when we got our room remodeled and painted.  I've decided that S, since he is home feeling bored, will be tasked with the job of putting all the pictures back up on the wall.   I also had a huge stack of papers that I honestly do not know how they got there.  The stack was full of random things ranging from 2013 (!) to papers from just last spring.  Huh?  Most of it went into recycling.  Some papers that I intend to keep but need to file, went into an old accordion file I found. 

This sounds silly but I rearranged the magnets on my fridge.  I'm thinking of making one side (the front isn't magnetized) a prayer wall.  I'm always telling people I'll pray for them.  And usually I do say a quick Hail Mary, but I'd like to keep a list visible so that I really am praying for them from my heart in an intentional way.  Also, I want something visible for my family, in hopes it inspires them to pray more. 

I made dinner and then completely forgot to clean the pots and pans afterwards.  Fortunately it was a quick dinner that didn't dirty much.  V has been really good at tackling the dishes during the day so there isn't as much to clean. 

I did take care of one nagging thing about the guardianship of my youngest sister.   So I can check that off my list.

I honestly can not remember what I did in the morning.  I took B to her theater camp at 11:30.  S and I went out to lunch together.  We got caught in the bad rainstorm which was scary.  I picked B up.  And I also drove her to youth group. Well, hopefully today will be more productive.  Oh B and I did a bit more literature. 

My cat is going insane.  He sits outside our bedroom door and scratches and meows at various points during the night.  He's going into wild frenzies where he attacks ankles and scampers around the house frantically.  I try playing with him, but he only plays for a minute or two.  I gave him a paper bag to hide in and that made him happy for a bit.    I still haven't put the halter on him to take him outside.  Today feels cooler after yesterday's rainstorms.  I will try today.  Poor J didn't get home til very late.  Due to flash flooding they closed the road by the marina for an hour.  Then the traffic was so backed up, it took forever to get home.  He was bushed.  I am glad he didn't get caught in the actual flash flooding.

2 comments:

  1. You can add to your "Things Done" list for yesterday that you helped a friend - thanks for the ride for my kid! Oh, and B made us laugh in the car yesterday: "Oh, so apparently you've never met a cat before?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I just read that one of Jordan Petersen's 12 Rules is to always pet a cat when you encounter one? Something like that. I can see there is going to be a rash of these kinds of incidents now. What the Petersen cult has unleashed!

    ReplyDelete