Got up about 6
Fed cats
Made coffee and read about Holy Spirit - did not pray lauds though
Blogged, sitting outside - still having beautiful summer weather
Started to clean pots and pans, etc leftover from yesterday morning - got some done
R went to airport - another day meeting in Hartford CN - he hates having to fly to and from in 1 day
J went to work
Got B up and out to math at 8:30
Had coffee at Panera and then went shopping at H/T
p/u B and came home
Showered
Read 3 pp of Odyssey to B
Put on slow cooker chicken
Took B to her Charitable Act camp - oops turns out it starts next week! Summer schedules are crazy!
Got gas, must get oil and lube soon!
B wanted to go to Chick fil a - discovered her friends were there! So left her there with them.
Stopped at Trader Joe's which I haven't been to in a million years. Still forgot to get kitty litter. That's twice in one day!
Picked B up from friend's house and drove to therapy. Took a full hour to get there due to rush hour.
First therapy session - 1:20 minutes - good thing I remembered to bring my book! Immediately had spat with her. She was emotionally wrung out and mad at us because when she was younger she used to cover her ears with her hands saying we were too loud. This always struck us as rich because she was often the loudest and she seemed very selectively suddenly sensitive. Therapist told her that was unfair to her which has her angry at us all over again. Uh oh. Don't know if this therapy is going to work. Last thing she needs is validation of her ability to feel sorry for herself over every little slight or perceived slight. Honestly, I think she's depressed because her personality is such that she hoards every little thing and resents it so. She is a natural grudge holder. Sheesh. We need to work on curbing this flaw not inflating it!
Also, sending your kid to therapy makes one feel defensive. Like how bad a mother am I, anyway? Someone's about to hear all about everything I ever did wrong!!!
I forgot to eat lunch myself, so I was starving. The slow cooker chicken was good. I hadn't planned anything else so I just toasted some gluten free bread and put the chicken 'gravy over it and then ate a plum. Dinner! People just came and ate what they wanted.
S had been watching D since V had to go to class and B and I weren't home yet. Fed D some chicken which he liked. He's been going to a 'don't eat enough to feed a bird' phase but he really ate a lot yesterday. He's tall for not even three. He looks more 4 yo to me. He doesn't have a baby face at all.
Took D for a walk and then we sat outside and blew bubbles for a while.
V came home and put D to bed. R came home from his trip to CT. He was tired but stayed up a bit to chat with S, J and B.
J retired to his room, S and B played on the virtual reality thingie in the study. I did a little bit too. I got to go to Greece!
Oh I forgot! I spent an hour in the afternoon cleaning out the study. R did a lot of work in it over the weekend. It was full of old computer parts and odds and ends of projects he'd been working on, stuff we dumped in there, plus a ton of stuff from granddad's condo from when he moved. So now the room has space! The corners still have junk in them but at least it's are in the corners in tidier piles.
Now I want to get a sleeper loves eat to put in there to make it into a guest room again.
Went to bed and finished my book.
No comments:
Post a Comment