Sunday, July 15, 2018
Pistols for Two
Pistols for Two is a frothy bit of entertainment; a book of short stories by Georgette Heyer. They all have the same exact theme and honestly some of the paragraphs seemed to be lifted from one to the other, especially describing the men wearing blue superfine and Hessian boots. Everybody has gray eyes. Heyer certainly was masterful at telling the same story over and over again. When you read her longer novels, you get caught up in the intricacies of the plot and all the comedic situations. But when it is put into short story form, it becomes obvious that the stories are all the same and have a lot of the implausible and some downright silly romantic features too. Still, I needed a light read, so I appreciated the first half of the book. But then they began to get too repetitious, so it was a bit of an effort to finish the book, just to say I had.
For more book reviews, go to 52 Books in 52 Weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment