We are off to the beach on Saturday. This is prep week. Gotta tidy the house, clean out the fridge, get things in order.
And I've got to bring a bunch of books with me too. I wanted to get Born a Crime and a couple other books but couldn't find them. Hopefully, these books I did get will entice someone in our group of 17 to pick it up and read.
The books from the top to bottom:
A new No.1 Ladies Detective Agency mystery. I've read several of these but have not kept up with the series. They are usually light, fun, interesting stories. This is on audio for the long car ride there and back.
A Wilder Rose - this book is about Rose Ingalls Wilder. Might be disenchanting as people seem to really be going after Laura and her legacy lately. Still, could be interesting. Also audio for the car.
An Ellis Peters' Brother Cadfael mystery. Haven't read one of those in a long time.
Margery Allingham - I've never read one of her books. I often see her name in lists of cozy mysteries.
P. G. Wodehouse - I think this is the first in the Blandings series.
Rumer Godden - An Episode of Sparrows. I can't remember if I've read this one, but Godden is such an excellent writer. Someone was talking about her on facebook or somewhere recently.
Dorothy Day - The Long Loneliness - I read this ages ago. Worthwhile read.
Nevil Shute - A Town Like Alice - loved this many years ago, as well as the miniseries.
Amazing Grace - Saw the movie; didn't even know it was a biography first!
The Year of Living Biblically - this could either be a really cool insightful book or really dumb and anti-religion.
No comments:
Post a Comment