Thursday, August 24, 2017

100 Days of Hygge - Day 4

I have to admit I was having trouble getting to hygge today.  Rick worked until 3 a.m. and I find myself more and more anxious waiting for him to get home, especially since his stroke.  He still works the way he did in his 20s which is pulling all nighters and he isn't that young anymore.  His health is an issue and I just hate all the stress that comes with his career.  I mean I appreciate that he's had such a satisfying and remunerative career, but it does definitely take a toll on one's health and family life.  And then he had to get up and be somewhere by 9 this morning.  And he was all tense about that.  I hope he gets home early tonight and can relax.

So as an exercise this morning I tried to find hygge just in today's early morning activities.  And I found it!  Color!  I love color.  Beautiful colors make me happy.

I ate a plumcot for breakfast.  So delicious.  I'd never had one before this week.

Hmmph.  For some reason I can't download the other photos I took this morning.  Don't know if its my phone or google drive or blogger acting up . . . . Oh well.

The weather is lovely today and B, S and I went to stuff envelopes for an organization that helps homeless families.  That was a good thing to do on our last free Thursday before it becomes really hectic after Labor Day. Then we ate lunch at Chipotle sitting outside.  It was very peaceful.

UPDATE!  Silly me.  I was thinking that next week was September!  I lost a week!  Whew.  Now I have it back and an extra week before it becomes really hectic!

No comments:

Post a Comment