Tuesday, August 22, 2017

100 Days of Hygge - Day 2

One thing I've done for years now, even though I am a generally untidy person, is to make my bed each morning.  I read this advice in some book a long time ago and for some reason it stuck.  To me making the bed entails pulling the covers up sort of straight.  I don't get fancy!

So my made bed is always a little touch of hygge for me.

Please excuse the messy side tables.  This is the best place to get lost in a book!


I also love my headboard.  The beds in my life were all hand me downs until I got into my 40s. These were not nice antique beds.  Just mattresses with frames.  Then we splurged and bought a new bed with an actual headboard!  I love the wood in this headboard.  I actually enjoy dusting this piece of furniture (probably the only one!).

Also, I have an old afghan that my grandmother crocheted.  It is probably 60 or 70 years old.  It is a little worse for wear in some spots, but on most afternoons I lie down on the top of my pseudo-quilt (Bed, Bath and Beyond about 14 years ago.) and cover myself with my grandmother's afghan.  I only get under the covers at night when it's really time to sleep.  But when I am reading and dozing in the afternoon, I have my afghan.


No comments:

Post a Comment