Friday, December 21, 2012

40 Days for the Poor - Day 33 - Do You Pray for the Poor?

Oh my, I have that suffocating feeling I get right before Christmas. Just too much to do, too many details to remember, last minute shopping at impossibly crowded stores, last minute grocery shopping at impossibly crowded grocery stores, cleaning, clothes, Argh. Plus there are still other little things going on; like appointments for doctors and such. Seano had his birthday party last night. Cleaning, shopping and 1 doctors appt today, Saturday is confession and Chanukah brunch. I am just going to focus on those two days right now!

But in all this I am going to make time to say a rosary for those in Newtown, CT. My parish had a book opened in the entrance of the church last Sunday. Everyone (if they desired) was to sign it and say what and how they would pray for that community. Then they were going to send the book up to St. Rose of Lima parish (very near Sandy Hook school and the parish where the killer attended). But I haven't done it yet! Terrible of me! So today I am carving out time to do this. This a.m. will be really, really busy because we want to get to the stores when they open, but this afternoon before the doctors appt. I bet we'll have time to sit and pray for 20 minutes.

We often try to remember to pray for people in need every night when we say prayers together. We've got a number of people on our regular list and then some that come and go as we hear about them. Pretty much any time there's some kind of natural disaster or violent conflict somewhere we pray. We aren't that consistent and there's always room for improvement, but at least we try!

No comments:

Post a Comment