Saturday, November 5, 2011

Today is Our 23rd Wedding Anniversary!

Yep!  Twenty-three years!  It doesn't feel that long at all.  Life just races by, doesn't it?  We went out last night with our friends (she blogs here) to a nice, casual, Mediterranean cafe that they recommended.  The food was excellent.   The company even better.  A nice glass of pinot grigio and some laughter makes for a good time.

Today Rick and I plan to putz around the house relaxing.  He's been so incredibly busy at work, I've really been worried about him and I feel like we never talk.  In fact, last night he made a remark about how Becky wasn't taking art anymore which made the rest of us laugh because she most definitely is.  He's just gone so much of the time and if I forget to mention something in the short distracted moments when we aren't collapsing into sleep, well then, how's he supposed to know?!?

So today I plan to:

  • Go get bagels.   Saturday is bagel day around here.  I go to a bagel shop that has pretty darn good bagels even if we aren't living in New Jersey.
  • Wash sheets and towels; something long, long overdue around here!
  • Tidy up the main living areas (maybe an hour spent on this - nothing major)
  • Plant the tulip and daffodil bulbs I impulsively bought yesterday.  I'm hoping Becky will help with that.  We used to like to do gardening things together.
  • Do Latin homework with Josh
  • Go to confession this afternoon.  Another thing that is long, long overdue.
  • I know Rick wants to clean his aquariums today.  He always feels better when his aquariums are in good shape!
So, hopefully a satisfying, quiet day at home with family.  That's a good way to celebrate 23 years of marriage!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. We enjoyed the company, too! Hope Rick didn't mind my dissing Eric Cantor - I don't think I'd like the guy no matter what party he belonged to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy anniversary! I hope your day is a fun and productive. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I still feel a wee bit guilty about pulling you into that conversation when you are so very busy. I will pray things even out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Can your hubby come clean our aquarium? Just kidding.:) We actually cleaned it last week, and it looks awesome....makes us feel so good when we walk by it.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated happy anniversary wishes to you, Faith!

    ReplyDelete