Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday - weekly goals

I decided to jot down my goals for today and this week.

Today - Sunday:

Josh is running in the Turkey Trot 5K this a.m. that our town is giving.  We've never participated before.  The money raised goes to support the local high school band and the volunteer fire department, plus they are having a food drive as well for a local food bank.  He is supposed to be there before 8 a.m.  Race begins at 8:15.  Rick is taking him.  We'll see if he gets Josh there in time!

When Josh and Rick get back I plan to have a nice breakfast waiting for them.  Hopefully, all this will unfold so that we can attend the 11:45 Mass this a.m.  I'd really like to go because Bishop Justs is going to speak.  He was a pastor at our parish before we joined.  He then was chosen by the Pope John Paul II to be a missionary in Latvia (his family is from Latvia).  While there he was made bishop!  Every year he comes back to raise money for the Latvian mission and it is always interesting and heartening to hear this holy man speak.  I think now he is officially retired but he still does the speaking circuit.

After Mass, while Rick is watching football, I want to focus on clearing off the surfaces of my kitchen and continuing my goal of reducing plastic in our home.  I'm focusing on the kitchen first.

After that, I might nap a bit and then Josh and I have to buckle down and study for a take home test in Latin.  104 vocabulary words plus their derivatives!

I have no idea what we are having for dinner.  Perhaps Rick will grill.

And I must remember to get recycling to the curb.  I'm so sloppy at getting it out weekly.  But I'm renewing my efforts to be environmentally conscientious.

Weekly goals:

To stick to our routine and rhythms as much as possible - that means breakfast read alouds, doing math, Latin and copy work with Sean, copy work, Life of Fred and Aquinas Learning memory and activity sheets with Becky and keeping Josh on track for his Precalculus, Latin, Chemistry, Shakespeare, Driver's Ed and Psychology.

To pray, read, exercise, clean, cook, tidy in an intentional way (big goal there!)

To prepare for Thanksgiving.

Sean has his first meeting with his math tutor on Tuesday and then he goes to shadow another 7th grader at a private school on Thursday.

Outta time!

2 comments: