Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Own Personal November Blogathon

Everybody seems to be doing NaNoWriMo.  I've attempted it twice, that last time was just last year.  Neither time did I get very far.  I find November is just not the best month for me to decide to spend lots of free time writing.  When I started hearing about all the people who plan to do NaNoWriMo (a good friend who lives near me is doing it for the first time), folks at the Unschooling Catholics lists are officially banding together to support each other and then I've heard from other corners of the internet about it too, and I thought, Shoot!  This year I just don't have the time or the energy for attempting it.  No way can I do it.  But someone, somewhere mentioned that they planned to just blog in November and I thought that was a good alternative.  Blogging is the only kind of writing I do lately, and I don't do much of it or as much as I had planned.  So for November, I plan to focus on my blog in order to become a better writer.

The first thing I want to do is fix some technical stuff. Ever since I switched to my MacBook Pro, I've had problems.  I had a very painful learning curve in just getting used to it.  That took a while and I still am trying to adapt.  But also I've had frustrating hurdles that I've yet to overcome:


  • I've been using Safari, the browser that comes with the laptop.  However, for some insane reason it will not let me cut and paste a link into my blog.  I also seem to have lost the ability to copy an image and put that on my blog.  I don't understand why this would happen.  No one seems to be able to explain it to me, but I want to crack that nut this November!
  • My dear husband installed Chrome, the browser I was used to before I switched.  It worked wonderfully for a few weeks and then just. stopped.  Like that.  I'd like to get it reinstalled because it did allow me to link on the blog, and sometimes (but not always!) would let me copy and paste images too.
  • Elisa, of ElisaLoves, made a beautiful strewing button for my Strewsday Tuesdays and I can't put it on my blog because a) the troubles I just described and b) probably some of my own klutziness when it comes to computers.  I'd really like to conquer that baby this November!
  • I have lost my camera.  I no longer put photos on my blog because of this.  I still am not 100% sure how to do it with the MacBook.  I had the hang of doing this with my old laptop.  I never understood it, but I knew if I followed a precise system I could put a photo up.  So, I either need to find my camera or get a new one.  And I need to refigure out how to upload and then post the photos.
I hate being so dumb at computers!

Today is All Saints Day.  We can't sleep in today.  We've got to get to 9:00 Mass.  At 10:00 a possible math tutor for Sean is coming over to meet us.  Josh must go to his Chemistry class at 12:15.  Becky has art at 1:30, need to leave the house around 1:00.  Then I have to go pick up Josh from Chemistry.  Usually Becky goes home with another little girl and plays there for a bit after art class.  At 4:30 I take Josh to cross country practice.  I drop him off, pick up Becky, take her home and then go back to pick up Josh at 6:15.  Then we get home around 6:35 or 6:40 and I rustle up some dinner as quick as I can.  I know I planned some easy dinner, but that was Sunday and I failed to write it down and now I have no memory whatsoever of what we are eating tonight!  Intertwined with all this is my aunt who needs various things throughout the day (though she's remarkably independent.)

Have a blessed All Saints Day!  I gotta go change laundry and get my aunt up.

No comments:

Post a Comment