This is something that we've been doing for about 4 weeks now, but it fits in well with the idea of New Year's Resolutions, I thought I'd post about it.
I was trying to find a way to dull the roar of the constant chaos around here WITHOUT nagging (which really only contributes, I find). I had been cruising Charlotte Mason sites and blogs and started thinking more about intentionally trying to incorporate good habits into our lives.
For some reason I suddenly got inspired to approach things this way:
Every Sunday morning I post a new Good Habits Challenge of the Week. I point it out to the kids. I try to talk about it casually during the week (it's hanging right in our main living space the center of which is my desk!). I openly try to work on my own habits in regards to the challenge. I find things are improving noticeably!
At the bottom of each challenge it gets signed by either the Good Habits Fairy, the Christmas Elf or this week, Your Guardian Angels. Becky really wants the Good Habits Fairy to come back for some reason. Also at the bottom of the page, I stick a reminder about the past few weeks challenges just so we can reiterate that we are CONTINUING to work on those habits as well.
I think we should discuss this idea at ChikFilA tomorrow. Ahem.
ReplyDeleteDeal!
ReplyDelete