Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The Grace of Enough - Book 52

DING, DING, DING!  I made it to 52 Books in 52 Weeks!  Ta da!!!!



The Grace of Enough; Pursuing Less and Living More in a Throwaway Culture by Haley Stewart is a wonderfully wise, breezily written, but truly inspirational book. I really am a bit jealous of her, though.  I have had the same sort of thoughts, floating around, unripened and vague, in my own head for decades, but just now at age 58 are they really coming together.  And here is this young women so full of wisdom and insight.  I wish I had been as smart as she is when I was her age.

If you want a how to on living a more intentional, Christlike life in the middle of a consumeristic, materialistic, aggressively secular culture, read this book.  One reason why I like watching homesteading videos is because I love the fact that people are able to turn their back on the rat race, slow down, work hard, use their brain, brawn, time and talent to provide a home for their families.  A home that is home-centered and not just a house with lots of appliances, toys and stuff.  A home that creates, nourishes, and produces and is founded on love and intentionality.

I am going to reread this book for my Catholics for Zero Waste group on facebook. I'm looking forward to reading it slowly and really taking it all in, assessing where I am now and how I can move forward.

This was a good book to end this year with and it will be a good book to begin the new year with as well.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment