On Monday I managed to deliver some of the appliances I cleared out to Habitat for Humanity. I still have a couple more to get rid of plus I am stymied about what to do with the broken ones. I'm never gonna get them repaired, am I? I don't know who to go to! But I hate the idea of putting them in a landfill. Ideally, I would put them some place where I'd remember and then I would persevere in finding a place to give them to. But the reality of this actually happening due to my own sloppy brain, is close to nil. So I remain stymied.
We managed to take down the Christmas tree on Epiphany but not the rest of the Christmas decorations. I'd like to do that tomorrow on Sunday afternoon.
I did manage to do laundry, keep clean cloth napkins on the table, make lunch and breakfast for R every day except on Thursday when I had a bad migraine and also on Friday he forgot to take his lunch so I ate it. I managed to cook dinner every day except Thursday as well. I was wiped out and the only thing I did all day was to hang out on the internet and then get off for a while to rest my eyes and then get on again. It was a lost day. The thing about dinners is they were hit and miss with most of my family. I never know who is going to be eating dinner on any given night. Makes it hard to cook for people.
On Wed I made it to Adoration and on Friday I made it to the 12:10 Mass. Yippee for me.
I do think that the January blues and the fact that I've reduced caffeine have made me very gloomy and discontented. Gotta fight that.
Friday I managed to pick up the family room and give it a good vacuum. V has helped intermittently with the kitchen. B has helped a bit, S not at all.
Today I will pick up some more. Granddad is coming over for lunch.
Also spent a lot of time writing up B's transcript and dealing with the common application as well as specific things for schools who don't take the common app. That's a headache in itself.
I got to p 413 in my 777 page book I have to finish reading by 1/31.
The gardeners have done so much work in the yard. They've planted most of the plants and they've put in new paths. They put up a temporary fence so part of the back yard can be a dog run and the other part is safe from the dog's digging. I'm really getting excited about it!
We also booked a beachhouse in Sandbridge VA for summer. I thought last year's Outer Banks trip would be the last for a while, but everybody is clamoring for another trip. Unfortunately Will and Christina will probably be on their honeymoon then. They aren't going right after their wedding 5/4. They are waiting until summer and then going to hike some of the Camino de Santiago as a pilgrimage. Isn't that cool???? Actually, it will probably be hot!
Speaking of weather, there is a strong possibility it will snow tonight. I hope so. That will be pretty. Maybe we should go to the vigil Mass today.
In our town we have a Household Hazardous Waste drop off location. They accept broken, old appliances, electronics, paint, light bulbs, etc. I'd see if you have one in your area for those broken appliances.
ReplyDeleteI think we have that here too, but I wonder if it just winds up in a landfill? I was hoping for a place that would fix or recycle parts maybe? Thanks for the suggestion though. That's probably where they will end up.
ReplyDelete