Oh gosh. Not doing well on the housekeeping front!
We did, however, clean out the garage last Saturday. So it looks much better. It still needs deeper cleaning and organization, but it is not the pit it was. R took a lot of stuff to the dump and to Habitat for Humanity.
Today, I attempted to clean out some kitchen cabinets. I discovered many old jars and tins I was saving for some reason, old ice cube trays, the lids to both tupperware stuff and random dishes that have no match, some old vases, my broken crockpot (missing a lid too), my broken blender, not one but two food processors. I think one might be broken and the other one I got for Christmas a few years ago, put away in the cabinet and promptly forgot about it! I have to sort through them and figure out if I have the necessary parts and if the one actually works or not. I'll give away one. An automatic can opener that I haven't used in years and I think wasn't working so well anyway, our old breakfast sandwich maker which we loved until S decided he didn't like way it cooked eggs and then we went gluten free and gf English muffins are an abomination. So we just don't use it anymore. I also uncovered the wheat mill that I used about 2x, the ice cream maker we used maybe 4x ever, the milkshake maker sans it's matching cup, old grill pieces that went with our old panini maker (which I think I got rid of? I don't know where it is.)
What I mean to keep in the cabinet by the sink - this is for most used items:
My salad spinner - I use this at least 1x a week if not more
My rice cooker - ditto
My slow cooker - also ditto
My new Magic bullet blender - for making smoothies - B likes these but hasn't been able to make them since the blender broke. I just bought this one on sale.
Josh's new sous vide
On the shelf - some of my lesser used platters
Cabinet further from sink:
One of the food processors
The Instant Pot - Honestly, I hardly use it. But I should try more!
The Milkshake Maker - It's R's. I hope we can find the missing cup or get a replacement
The Air Popper - this was a cute gift from R's parents years ago. It's noisy but it's cute. Looks like a Popcorn vendor's stand.
Staying where they are:
My waffle iron lives in the upper cabinet by my oven. It's heavy and that puts it right across from the island where we use it.
The Kitchen Aid mixer stand - that's on the bottom shelf of the same cabinet by oven. It's also heavy and when we use it, we always use it on the island right there.
If I were being really strict, I'd get rid of the Instant Pot and the Air Popper. I like making popcorn on the stove with coconut oil.
Tomorrow is Epiphany so we'll take down the Christmas tree and pack up all the decoration. I am going make a nice dinner though with dessert to celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment