1) First of all we got all the rest of the Christmas decorations down and put away (except afterwards I noticed the big red bow on our staircase - not sure how that escaped me!).
2) Deep cleaned the master bathroom, vacuumed and dusted master bedroom.
3) Vacuumed upstairs hall and staircase.
4) Kept up with laundry - even washed our king sized sheets.
5) Cleaned out front hall marble top dresser drawers and organized them.
6) Did a bit of decluttering counters and have been vacuuming the family room and kitchen regularly on account of the dog.
7) Kept up on dishes pretty well.
8) Got trash, recycling and compost out two weeks in a row! Woot! Cleaned out fridge a bit too.
9) Cleaned out my bookcase over my desk. Put a lot of books in a to-be-given-away pile.
9) Fairly good at making sure R has breakfast and made him lunch 3 out of 5 workdays.
![]() |
| Our new favorite cheese! |
8) Pretty good about meals. Had a couple of great successes. First of all I have always wanted to learn how to cut up a whole chicken. I only buy my chickens whole anymore right from my CSA. So I thawed and then cut up the chicken! I followed a tutorial from the New York Times cooking section I found on youtube. Then I made Chicken Cacciatore which everyone loved! Another hit meal was something I made up I called Taco Pie. I browned 2 lbs of ground beef, added in onions, lots of seasoning (cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper) then I added in some drained black beans. Topped it with this great new brand of goat cheese - both cheddar and jack. Then I crumbled up the last of some old bags of tortilla chips and put that over the top. Popped in the oven til the cheese was all melty. Everyone loved it! I also made some CAVA copycat red cabbage slaw which we were eating for days. And I made my very yummy salmon patties last Friday.
Alas, I ran out of steam and have nothing for tonight's dinner. So I think everyone is on their own.

That taco pie sounds great! Laura made us chicken cacciatore after one of the babies was born, and the kids still remember it.
ReplyDelete