Saturday, January 12, 2019

I'm going to be a grandmother!

I don't think I am supposed to go public, like public on facebook public, but I had to announce this somewhere or burst. 

I've known for a few weeks and even got to go with H. for tor the sonogram.  The plan is I'm going to be the nanny when H has to go back to work.  Due date is August 6th.  H wanted to wait until she could tell granddad and she did today.  Granddad is going to be a great granddad!  He was thrilled when he finally understood.  H gave him a plaque that said "Only the best granddads get to be great granddads!"  And next to this was a frame where she put a copy of the sonogram.  And granddad thought it was a photo of an ear.  LOL.  It did look a little like that. 

The sonogram was thrilling.  Baby measured 8 weeks, 6 days and his heart was beating strongly and he was moving around!  He looked like a little bean to me.  H is about 10 weeks along now. 

I'm praying all the time for this little one.  Since P comes from a family of two boys and his brother has two sons, H is convinced it's a boy.  Looking forward to being a grandmom, though it really does have a you-are-old ring to it! 

With B and S hopefully going off to college next year, I guess I won't have such an empty nest.  I'll have a grandbaby and of course, God willing, V and D will still be living here as well. 

A lot of changes coming up!

9 comments:

  1. How exciting! Hoping for an uneventful and healthy pregnancy! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So exciting! I will look forward to following your grandmothering adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone once Tweeted that all sonograms look like Gollum wearing a lampshade to him, and I fear I must agree.

    Congratulations! Becky slipped up on New Year's Eve, so I suspected. Why else would I have been messaging Hannah about houses for sale in my neighborhood, hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, yikes, don't tell Becky I told on her! She didn't mean to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's ok, Becky confessed to Hannah that she had let the secret out and was duly forgiven.

    ReplyDelete