I wish I had done more with this and maybe I'll get my act together and try again, but I used to subscribe to
Maryknoll Magazine. Along with the magazine would come some simple lessons plans and a poster. I think the magazine comes every two months (my brain is foggy right now. Looks like we've been struck down again by some bug). Anyway, I used to strew the magazine by putting it out on the coffee table or sometimes if there was a particular article I thought would interest the kids, I'd read it aloud over breakfast. But the best thing was I'd put the poster up on the door from our family room into the mud room. In fact there is one still up there. I think it's been there for a year now! Here it is:
 |
| The story was about an American woman who coached soccer for very poor children in Namibia. |
Anyway, now Maryknoll is publishing the
lesson plans on line so even if you don't get the magazine you can still access the lessons. Its a good thing to learn about these brave missionaries who have such a heart for the poor. I know Maryknoll is seen as very 'liberal' by some Catholics, but I really hate using the terms liberal and conservative when it comes to dividing Catholics. I see much that is admirable in their work and I choose to emphasize that!
Anyway, go to the
website and learn about the history and work of the Maryknoll missionaries. It will be good for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment