Monday, November 26, 2012

40 Days for the Poor - Day 11 - Toms

I never did get around to posting this yesterday, which was Day 11 if my calculations are correct. Yesterday was a crazy day and today will be no less so!

My 11 year old told me about Toms. She heard it from her older, college student sister, who apparent bought some shoes from Toms. Toms is a shoe company. For every shoe you buy from them, they will donate a pair to someone who needs a pair of shoes.

I am also thinking of getting my oldest three kids (all drivers) sunglasses from Toms for their Christmas stockings. With every purchase of a pair of sunglasses, Toms gives money for eye care in poor regions around the world.

The whole ethos of Toms seems so good. I hope I don't start hearing about how it is a big scam or anything. That's the cynic in me. But it does seem like a really cool company, trying hard to be ethical, environmentally and globally.

Plus my Toms shoes are really comfortable! I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment