Sunday, September 10, 2017
Eat Complete - Book 26
I enjoyed this book, Eat Complete, by Dr. Drew Ramsey. It seemed to me to combine and refine on lots of dietary information I'd been hearing over the years. These dietary recommendations have been recently validated by more and more studies. We have health problems in this family, both physical and mental, and I am becoming more and more convinced that our standard American diet is the source of the problem. So I've decided to go whole hog into the Mediterranean diet espoused by Dr. Ramsey.
This is hard because I am also trying to be zero waste and that means avoiding any food packaged in plastic. I think avoiding plastic wrapped food is also good for one's health, personally. Plastic is loaded with chemicals that leach into foods. So while I enjoyed reading the nutritional information Dr. Ramsey presents in such an accessible way, the recipes at the back of the book intimidated me. He kept insisting they were easy but they all sounded like dishes from high end, exclusive Manhattan restaurants. Of course, that is his clientele and audience, as he is a psychiatrist at Columbia University. But many of the recipes look like they take intense planning, with expensive ingredients.
I did cull a few recipes from the book which I am going to try at some point.
So I give a thumbs up for the nutritional information presented in the book in an easy to read manner, but my verdict is out on the actual recipes. And to be fair I have not tried any yet, so I really can't judge.
For more book reviews go to Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment