The week began with rainy, raw weather. I was still recuperating from the cold from hell, so the beginning of the week wasn't so good. BUT then the sun came out, was it on Wednesday afternoon? So I went out and took pictures of the yard blooming and weed free. Some very nice workers from our lawn mowing company weeded the garden in the rain. I don't have before pictures but it looked like a jungle!
 |
| Our Lady of Guadalupe is no longer hidden behind a wall of weeds! |
 |
The azalea is starting to bloom! |
 |
So is the dogwood! |
 |
| Thumbelina |
Since we had to put Milky down last week, Thumbelina has grown more precious to me. She's an old cat too and has hyperthyroidism. She's gotten so skinny. This week I started giving her medicine for her condition. It is in transdermal form and I have this 'pen' that emits a cream that I wipe on the inside of the tip of her ear. I have no idea if I am doing it right or she is actually getting it. But I didn't want to put something in her food because I was afraid the dog or the other cat would get to it.
 |
| Honeysuckle blooming already? I always think of it as more midsummer. |
Thursday I took a walk by the river. The place was hopping with jet skiers, kayakers, row boaters. There was some kind of big event being set up and tons of people arriving for that. I looked it up: The North Face Endurance Challenge.
 |
| I take so many photos of paths. I love paths. |
 |
| This one was still extremely muddy in places. |
 |
| But the river view was worth it. |
I didn't realize you got the cold from hell, also! So much fun, wasn't it?
ReplyDelete