Friday, May 2, 2014

Journaling the Day 4/30/14

Overslept.  Didn't get out of bed until it was past time to get S up.  Hurriedly fed pets and made coffee. Made S's lunch and then we drove to school through pouring rain.  Drove home the backroads because I didn't want to be on the crazy racetrack of a tollroad when the rain started coming down so hard I couldn't see anything.  Got back later than usual.  Got Becky up and fed before math tutor arrived.  Finally got to take a shower!

Read some more of Jen Fulwiler's memoirs.  Hard to put down.

Started prepping for class tomorrow.  Researched Howard Pyle, robber barons, etc.  Helped B with her Latin.  Corrected more papers.  Darn printer would not work.  Keeps saying jam when there is no jam.  I turned it off and on and everything I could think of and no printing.  Had to refigure how I was going to do class tomorrow with inability to make copies or print stuff.  Shoot!

Rained like crazy.  Heard weird roaring sound, like an airplane.  Went outside and it was the creek rushing into the pond through the big pipe they'd put in.  Loud!  The world is a flood.

S was supposed to stay late after school to work on biology project but it was supposed to be videoing botanical stuff outside.  The guy who was in charge just left and didn't say it was canceled (though of course it was because of the torrential rains).  Sean waited for 20 minutes for the guy to show up and finally called me.  I picked him up and it wasn't too bad out but coming back the main road was very slow because of high water and the road our cul de sac is off is closed due to flooding.  I told S I was not willing to drive him to his teen group meeting at church this evening.  He was bummed but really, it is awful out there right now.

Started working more on class plans then got distracted and started reading the book again.  B came and got me and asked where's dinner.  Oops!  Went and made chicken fried rice from yesterdays leftovers.  S liked it but B didn't and made herself a can of soup.

I hope R comes home soon.  It has been strangely quiet about Jackie.  No emails or phone calls about her at all.

I just finished lesson plans.  Need B to do some logic homework while I clean the kitchen and get laundry on.  Then I'm going to bed early to read my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment