R drove S to school. B and I were very late getting to Aquinas due to 1)I forgot to put the dryer on with my clothes I was planning to wear 2) B moves like molasses in the a.m. 3) the roads around us were still shut down from flooding so what usually took under 10 minutes took 25 minutes (to get to toll road). So B missed most of the first class (history). This makes her unhappy since she really loves history and the mentor for that class.
I was nervous about teaching the class, afraid I hadn't planned well. One never quite knows how things are going to go. On top of that I had not 1 but two visiting moms watching me! But the class seemed to go really well. We talked about Howard Pyle and we set the context for Otto of the Silver Hand. We talked a lot about our latest drafts and corrections to be made. Got a lot of stuff sorted out. We practiced our declamation for the showcase this Saturday. That didn't go so well so I was a bit nervous. Then I corrected a couple of late essays, had a good conversation with one of the moms who was visiting. She was really cool. Worked on prepping for Latin class. Had a good talk with Katherine the nurse about Aunt Jackie. Latin class went well. The end of the year is rushing upon us. Intro to Latin teacher let us take up some of her time to practice for the showcase again. Felt better after that. I think the the kids will do well.
S got out of school early but H was able to pick him up.
Came home, helped S study for Latin exam, speech therapist came, we had pizza for dinner. S had to stay up late studying for biology. R came home in a bad mood. Printer broke again so he spent a long time fixing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment