This is so providential that the classics spin number turned out to be #19!
On my list of classics to read this time around, my number 19 was Helena by Evelyn Waugh.
Which is funny because yesterday at Easter brunch at my oldest daughter's house, I mentioned that I was excited to see which number was picked for the classics spin and I explained what it was and how it was done. (Go here to understand and go here to see my latest list). And the one book out of the 20 I mentioned was Helena because my daughter's housemate at one time was studying Waugh for his masters degree in English. In fact, I think he had even been asked to speak on Waugh at one or two events, being seen as a expert on him. (Now he is pursuing his Ph.D on some other topic.) Anyhoo, I just mentioned that book over brunch and then later my daughter texted me trying to recall which Waugh work I had been talking about.
And then today I went to the Classics Club page and lo and behold the number was 19 and I am to read Helena now for my spin. Hooray! I am very excited!

No comments:
Post a Comment