This week, in housekeeping news:
- Managed to find and get front door Christmas wreath up!
- Tidied up yard a bit
- Gardeners built raised beds in the back yard!
- Washed dog blankets!
- Washed one load of my clothes, need to do more - washer keeps refusing to drain so we have to play with it every. single. time.
- Cleaned master shower stall and also wiped down sink and counter
- Managed to keep kitchen reasonably clean in terms of dishes and pots and pans. Mail and clutter are a different issue.
- Moved the dog crate to the mud room which is a good move.
- Meant to do a vacuuming today but I think V must have it down in the basement, so I never bothered to haul it back up here. Must do before Sunday!
- Cleaned out fridge from Thanksgiving and got compost, recycling and trash out to the curb on the correct night!
- Got S and B to go shopping for the Giving Tree for me. It's wonderful having kids who can drive!
- Baked enough chicken for 16 at homeless shelter and took over to church, early Thursday a.m.
- I have to admit I only cooked dinner M, W, Th. And tonight we are doing take out.
- The heat went off in the night. Was quite chilly. Repair guy finally came out at 4 p.m. today and fixed it. Same problem as last time. What's up with that?
- Bought a couple of presents on line, but I still need to do a lot.
- Bought lots of frozen latkes and apple sauce for when in laws come over on Sunday - last day of Hanukkah.
For my classic spin reading challenge (deadline 1/31/19), The History of the Ancient World, I'm on page 51/777. Better get hopping!
No comments:
Post a Comment