Monday, December 3, 2018

Christmas Literary Challenge



I think I'll join in on this Literary Christmas challenge, hosted by In The Bookcase, though I am not going to challenge myself too much!  I think I am morphing into more of a book blog and so I am trying to elbow my way into the book blog community!   I've been clicking around the internet trying to snoop out good book blogs.

It's been so long since I've done something like this, I completely forget how to post here the cozy Christmas illustration that shows I am part of this book challenge. I apologize. I'm very late to the party anyway, as the challenge started November 1st.    But I don't do Christmas that early anyway.  That's All Saint's Day to me!  I'm busy praying for the dead and giving thanks in November.  So Christmas doesn't really start until December.  And actually that's Advent.  Christmas doesn't officially start until December 24th, but try telling the modern world that one!  My Christmas season goes to January 13, 2019.

I've always heard that Charles Dickens' The Cricket on the Hearth is one of his Christmas stories (the only other one I am familiar with is the classic A Christmas Carol), so that's my pick.  I've thought about reading it for years now.  Now I will finally do it. Right after I finish Northanger Abbey!


3 comments:

  1. Hello, Faith! Thanks for joining A Literary Christmas reading challenge!

    The challenge started pretty early this year -- due to some people starting their holiday reading early. :) My hope was that people would just join whenever it is that they're ready to start.

    I'm a great Dickens fan, but I don't believe I've made it around to reading The Cricket on the Hearth yet... so I'll have to keep that title in mind if I have time this year. If not, I'll have it for next year's challenge! I hope you like it. Glad to have you on board with the bookish festivities.

    Merry reading!

    Tarissa
    http://inthebookcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tarissa! Sorry to be so grinchy about when Christmas starts! I will be of better cheer, I promise! Thanks for having this challenge!

      Delete
    2. Haha! I don't think there's any grinchiness coming from this blog of yours. :) Everyone gets the holiday itch at different points in the season. Merry reading!

      Delete