I am just going to whine a little bit here. My knee is still bothering me, my neck is still bothering me and now my back is killing me! So I get up in the morning thinking I'm feeling pretty good and by about 2 or so I am completely done! Today I got up and made pancakes, drove S to his music lesson and back, grocery shopped and then it was 1:40 and I was done. I had to lay down for a few hours. I really, really, really, really want to feel better.
Ok. All done whining.
Here are my ambitious plans for the week. Things got really bad towards the end of this week. I hit an all time low when I gave B a quinoa chocolate bar and an aluminum can of cherry flavored sparkling water for lunch on Friday. Hey, quinoa has protein!
I am still trying to keep zero waste goals in mind while I weather the misery of trying to get everyone to eat half way healthfully, gluten free, and keep up with my obligations and activities even though I am next to zero in terms of energy.
My zero waste code: c - compostable, r - recyclable, bob (bring own bag), boc (bring own container), cp (compostable packaging), rp (recyclable packaging), lfw (landfill waste) pf (packaging free - this excludes things like wire ties, rubber bands and little stickers on fruit and veggies). My meat is pastured, grass fed from local farms and usually wrapped in plastic except when I get it at Whole Foods where they wrap it in compostable butcher paper.
Ok. All done whining.
Here are my ambitious plans for the week. Things got really bad towards the end of this week. I hit an all time low when I gave B a quinoa chocolate bar and an aluminum can of cherry flavored sparkling water for lunch on Friday. Hey, quinoa has protein!
I am still trying to keep zero waste goals in mind while I weather the misery of trying to get everyone to eat half way healthfully, gluten free, and keep up with my obligations and activities even though I am next to zero in terms of energy.
My zero waste code: c - compostable, r - recyclable, bob (bring own bag), boc (bring own container), cp (compostable packaging), rp (recyclable packaging), lfw (landfill waste) pf (packaging free - this excludes things like wire ties, rubber bands and little stickers on fruit and veggies). My meat is pastured, grass fed from local farms and usually wrapped in plastic except when I get it at Whole Foods where they wrap it in compostable butcher paper.
B: Banana pancakes (eggs, bananas - c) and syrup (rp)
L: turkey Cobb salad (deli turkey and cheese - boc + pf produce)
D: Shepherd's pie made with leftover lamb (this didn't happen - the lamb was freezer burned and anyway 5 out of 7 people decided to go to a big corn maze out in the country. I think they are doing IHOP for dinner.) Anyway, I am not up for cooking.
Sunday
Brunch: egg (c), sausage (lfw - locally sourced but wrapped in plastic), sweet potato casserole
Dinner: grilled steak (lfw), corn (c or r), whatever veggies from CSA
Monday:
B: Scrambled eggs and fruit
L: turkey Cobb salad reprise
D: Spaghetti (corn/quinoa - r), ground beef (lfw), tomato sauce (r), veggies
Tuesday:
B: Cream of rice (r or c) w/ nuts (boc) and fruit (bob)
L: gluten free mac and cheese (r and lfw - Annie's brand), veggies
D: Chicken (lfw plastic wrapper), potatoes, veggies
Wednesday:
B: bacon (c) and egg cup
L: Eat at chipotle
D: Leftovers - will probably have leftover chicken combined somehow with veggies and other leftovers.
Thursday (I work on Thursdays):
B: scrambled eggs and fruit
L: out at 5 Guys (lettuce wrapped burgers!)
D: Gluten free pizza
Friday:
B: peanut butter and fruit
L: salmon salad (canned salmon (r), onion, celery
D: shrimp fried rice (shrimp in c packaging from WF), bulk rice, veggies
Saturday:
B: banana pancakes again!
Saturday:
B: banana pancakes again!
No comments:
Post a Comment