I was thinking over all that happened in 2015 and I realized that the thing I am most grateful for is work!
Dh was rather worried about things at the office because they had slowed down so, but then they got a new client, so now he's busy and happy (though stressed!).
My oldest dd completed her masters in education and got a full time job as a middle school social studies teacher. She loves what she does.
My son in law completed his paralegal certification program at night while working various jobs during the day, and has been steadily looking for permanent work. I do hope he finds something soon. Temp jobs are discouraging.
My oldest son graduated from Berklee College of Music with honors. That takes a lot of work! He's working at a deli part-time and now at Potbelly's playing music. He also has been hosting a radio show at MIT since the spring. He is always hard at work at something!
My middle son got hired as a full time permanent employee at the marina where he's been a seasonal worker. And he's starting community college classes this coming January.
My youngest son got his first job working at a park over the Christmas season. It has been a great experience for him.
My youngest dd works once a week at Aquinas Learning, being the nursery care-taker in the afternoon. She occasionally gets babysitting jobs for her voice teacher. She likes working.
And even I have been working at Aquinas Learning mentoring the Latin 1 and 2 classes. I don't get paid much but I do get an itty bitty paycheck!
So that's what I am most grateful for in 2015. That all of us have been hard at work, not only at home or school learning and training, but bona fide income earning! There's something to be said for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment