Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happy St. Nick's Day! And links too.

And Hannukah starts tonight too!    In honor of the holiday season and because I've been watching too much CNN and fighting migraines (and therefore am feeling a wee bit gloomy) here are some links that have lifted my spirit.  I thought I would just collect them in one spot.

Gorgeous Japanese-American Catholic artwork.  And check out his website for coloring pages!

Woman rescues ferry:  God bless this woman and her quick thinking.  I like the remark the firefighter made in the article.

Brave Muslims trying to speak the truth.  God bless these people.  One thing that I think the press needs to do is focus more on Muslims who are peaceful because they are out there.  I've met them, yet it seems to be they don't get any media coverage at all.

Military action frees 900 captives from Boko Haram.  Thank God!

Since my NaNoWriMo novel had a lot about bluegrass in it, I was happy to stumble on this video.

I caught most of the first movie in this trilogy (on TCM) and was captivated by its poetic beauty telling a very simple story of a boy growing up in India.  It's in black and white and made back in the 1950s.  Here's a link to a trailer.  It's been restored after a fire.  Now I want all three movies for Christmas.

Wonderful and beautiful blog by Father Dwight Longnecker:  The Suburban Hermit

No comments:

Post a Comment