I can't recap this week systematically. The approaching holidays, stupid migraines and the news have got me off my game here.
I do know that we didn't do enough math, Latin or science. We did no science! How did that happen???
Instead we did history and read The Great Divorce for book club. S worked Sunday, Tuesday and then got called in to work for someone who was sick last night at the last minute.
J has actually begun the process of enrolling at the community college. Hooray! He was dual enrolled before which didn't count because now he's 20 and a high school graduate, so he had to do a different process. He took the math placement exam yesterday. He will take the English placement exam next Wednesday and then he goes to an orientation the following Friday I believe. He's trying to enroll in an Intro to Business class (a particular one with a particular teacher who gets rave reviews and who teaches at the satellite campus only ten minutes from our house) and Principles of Accounting course which probably will have to be at the campus nearest his job.
I did not get S enrolled yet. He is changing his mind. He's thinking now he really doesn't want to go for animation but music recording and producing. So he now thinks he'd rather take a music theory course. Hopefully, he'll get enrolled next Monday.
Had a good RE class on Tuesday. Working with 2nd graders makes my heart ache for little kids. I love my kids, of course, but I miss the adorableness of little kids. There really is an emptiness in life when you don't have little kids in it.
I did lots of Latin prep. I had a weird ocular migraine on Wednesday night and I couldn't correct any of the online quizzes for my Latin 1 class. So that's on my to do list.
Biggest thing is getting the house ready for the in laws again. We are celebrating Chanukah tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing Hannah and Peter! We won't see them at Christmas. Boo hoo.
We are finally getting around to doing Chanukah tomorrow, also. I think I might have 5 out of 6 kids here - a miracle! And I agree, there IS an emptiness without little kids. I miss them, too.
ReplyDelete