I woke up revving to go. Today I was going to start giving my house a deep cleaning. I bought a brand new vacuum cleaner yesterday (while my old, always breaking down, vacuum cleaner is in the repair shop). Other plans included visiting Aunt Jackie, picking Josh up from the airport (where somebody kindly is dropping him off. He isn't actually flying on a plane) and going to confession. Gonna do housecleaning and soul cleaning on the same day. Yup! Cuz we are moving into the high holy holidays here!
And then this a.m. I got a ticket. I turned right on red and I wasn't supposed to. I didn't explain to the police officer that I had been turning right on red all year at that intersection. I just humbly took my ticket. But then I had to go around the block to get pointed back in the direction I needed to go and there, sure enough, was a sign that said 'no turn on red.'' What the heck is wrong me????? How could I, after months of driving that intersection, have NEVER noticed the sign???? I am officially losing it. Now I just want to go back to bed and pull the pillow over my head. #discouragedatmyillusorygraspofreality.
People rarely notice those signs. There have been times I haven't turned right on red simply because I am afraid I missed the sign. So I wait for someone behind me to honk
ReplyDeleteAlso, once I made a LEFT on red and totally didn't realize it until the policeman brought it to my attention. With all the kids in the car....
ReplyDelete