Well, I did it. I just paid $35 into the 'pot' at Dietbet. A homeschooling mom I know is starting a game up at Dietbet. I definitely need some motivation to get myself into shape. So maybe this will help. It does sound like it could be fun. You can use any diet you choose. Here's the one I'm thinking of - of my own cullings from various sources:
1) Drink more water - just always be sipping away. And I need to make sure I drink two tall glasses in the a.m. before lunch.
2) Walk every day. If I can't walk outside, I'll do a Leslie Sansone dvd.
3) Breakfast - lowfat yogurt, low cal 1/2 English muffin, probably with some peanut butter on it, fruit and black coffee.
4) Mid morning snack. I get hungry in the middle of the morning. I'll eat MSG free turkey slices and fruit or veggies.
5) Lunch - either a big salad with lots of leafy, crunchy stuff in it and including leftover chicken or cubed cheese or tuna and a little oil and vinegar plus the other half of the English muffin on the side. OR a bowl of veggie soup from Trader Joe's plus a little grated cheese and that other half of the English muffin.
6) Mid afternoon - so I don't get too hungry when cooking dinner - tea and a handful of nuts.
7) Smaller portions of dinner. Make sure I eat a big helping of veggies before I tackle the protein and starch.
8) Put leftovers away right away. If they sit out, I start to gnosh on them.
9) Brush my teeth and get into pajamas as early as I can. That makes me feel like it is bedtime and not time to eat.
10) If I am really hungry still, I'll eat a small scoop of Breyer's vanilla ice cream. But not in my pajamas! There's something about eating food in my pjs at night that I can't stand.
The dietbet I'm joining is the 4% in 4 weeks. Now I have to go get my initial weigh in picture taken and submitted. Humiliating!
Eat the Greek yogurt - it stays with you longer. Higher protein content and all that...
ReplyDelete