Life has been nice and slow this week. Both Sean and Becky are on spring break right now (a week later than all the public schools). Sean's break is from high school and Becky's is from Aquinas Learning only. She also had last week off as well.
Things were hectic going into Holy Week though. Sean had lots of homework, we had lots of prep stuff to do for both Passover and Easter. Josh came home for Easter weekend. Will stayed up in Boston though. We definitely missed him.
Holy Thursday - we went to the Mass of the Last Supper which was beautiful and then Becky and Sean went on the 7 Church Pilgrimage with the parish youth ministry. The wound up at the all night diner at midnight where they ate a meatless small meal. It's Good Friday by then so no meat. They didn't get home until 2:00 a.m. This has always been a rite of passage for all the kids. The first time they stay out late and get home when their parents are sound asleep. Now my youngest has done that. Boo hoo! Growing up too fast!
Good Friday - we kept meaning to go to confession somewhere but I was in a panic about prepping for the in laws visit on Saturday. Also, I woke up with a weird earache and couldn't hear out of one ear. So we wound up just fasting and cleaning the house.
Holy Saturday - Sean had gone to confession on Wed so he didn't need to go, but Josh, Becky and I did. We went to morning prayer at another parish, then out to chick-fil-a for breakfast and then back again for confessions. Whew. Got that done.
Then we came home and started cooking for our Passover dinner with the in laws. We had a very nice one and I love that the house, the main level of it anyway, looked so nice. Originally we were going to go to the Easter vigil but I was too tired and still recuperating from that weird ear thing. Plus we hadn't dyed eggs yet. So Becky dyed the eggs (after I had hard boiled them) and basically did all the Easter prep (that is she got out the Easter baskets).
Easter morning - I got up and played Easter bunny by hiding the eggs and getting out the Easter chocolate. But everybody slept until 10:00 a.m.! Finally I forced them to get up.. They conducted an easter egg hunt. Rick made matzah brie and we made cinnamon waffles with cinnamon roll dough. Pretty good! Then we got dressed and went to the 12:00 p.m. mass. While there was plenty of Easter joy, it was the guitar mass and the choir there really thought they were giving a concert instead of assisting the liturgy. Many, many people were there who don't usually go. The thirty something couple in front of me, all dressed up in their Easter finery were both chewing gum and he was frequently checking his phone and texting. Gah! I felt sinful all day because I let myself get so annoyed on Easter.
Sean and I went to visit Eileen for Easter. That was nice.
Roasted a leg of lamb. It was absolutely delicious!
Monday - Becky still had her math tutor come in the a.m. Sean slept in. He then began to do a marathon watching of Bob's Burgers. He had his physical trainer come in the evening as usual. I drove Josh back to college. Beautiful day and a beautiful drive. Hannah worked. Had left over lamb and deviled eggs for dinner.
Tuesday - Took Becky to her voice lesson. Sean continued his marathon. Got a last minute volunteer gig for Sean at a place where he'd volunteered before. So from 4-6p.m. he help decorate for a dance they are having there. We ate out for dinner. No more Lent so I can eat out now.
Wednesday - Becky informed me she had read all of The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer in two days. She's also been watching a ton of Dr. Who with Rick in the evenings. They are both totally into it. Sean continued his marathon. Oh, Becky had her math tutor again in the a.m. Sean and I went out to lunch at Chipotle with the youth group. Then Sean also went out to CLC in the evening. I made baked chicken and rice for dinner. Sean finished his marathon watching of Bob's Burgers.
Thursday - today - Sean needs to get started on homework. He's got to write a paper on Elizabethan art and architecture and work on a Biology project. Also, both he and Becky need to study for Certamen this Saturday. Sean's going to join our team for the last competition of the year. After that we want to go to our town's Taste Of festival which they are all having all day on Saturday. Yum! I absolutely have to go visit Aunt Jackie today. I have been meaning to all week. Planning on Fettucine Alfredo for dinner.
Friday - tomorrow - more homework and studying Latin, plus the lawn needs to be mowed. Friday evening Sean is helping at the dance for the place he volunteered at on Tuesday. Some kind of salmon dish for dinner.
Saturday - Certamen! Taste Of the Town festival!
Sunday - Mass and homework.
The weather has been beautiful this week. I want to plant strawberries again.
We've just started watching Dr. Who also, with the 2005 season. We're finishing up the second season now. Totally in love with David Tennant....
ReplyDeleteI want Rick's matzoh brie recipe. Totally forgot about making that!