Another crazy week. I'm really exhausted. I hope this weekend I can spend most of it putzing around my house and maybe tidying and organizing a little bit. I really need that.
Monday - read The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere to the kids, along with more from the book about the Mass. Went to Latin class and took another quiz on 3rd declension nouns and adjectives. Got 100% Josh did pretty well but not quite up to my standard LOL. Sean and Becky did a little math, Sean did some Latin. Becky and I focused on the activity sheets from Aquinas Learning, dealing with Latin roots, the Declaration of Independence. Josh's friend who is now driving, picked him up and they went to Mass in the evening. That was pretty cool. Rick left for CA.
Tuesday - Read more from Exploring the World of Physics. We said a whole rosary together. Took 50 minutes because Becky kept wanting to lead. Drove me crazy! LOL! Probably not the feeling one is supposed to come away with after praying the rosary! Did more math and Latin. Worked on activity sheets with Becky. Josh went to Chemistry but unfortunately messed up and didn't get his homework in. Josh did cross country practice. Was a beautiful afternoon.
Wednesday - Another Latin quiz. This time Josh got 100% and I didn't. Totally forgot how to add onto the stem of 5th declension and misspelled it all the way through. At least I was consistent! Sean had a playdate over at his friends house. Josh had his "passing Mass" at his Catholic Life Community. Becky and I went. About 20 boys were moving up into various levels of CLC. Josh is now a full member. Becky and I finished reading through the activity sheets for Aquinas but didn't actually finish them.
Thursday - Aquinas Learning day - things went pretty well; still working out the kinks. Sean did math and Latin and read Journey to the Center of the Earth and then hung out in the library with Josh in the afternoon. Josh did precalculus and Psychology and then worked on Shakespeare homework at the library. Josh had cross country practice. He is really enjoying running so much. Then we got home to find Rick had come home from CA. Pizza night! Then Josh worked on chemistry homework but this time didn't finish his Shakespeare homework. Hmmm. Told him this week was a lesson in time management!
Friday - I overslept! Got Josh to Chemistry late. Did a tiny bit of Latin with Sean and Becky. Read Sunday's scripture to them. Sean did a bit of math. Tennis was cancelled due to rain. Josh went to Shakespeare. Sean went over to his friends house again. They'll go together to a church jr high thing that's going on tonight. It's been raining that that couple of days and is supposed to rain through the weekend which is a bummer because Josh is supposed to run his first 5k this Sunday. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment