Friday, November 30, 2018

Friday 11/30/18 Housekeeping Update

I didn't do any deep cleaning this week.  But I am feeling good about housekeeping anyway!

1)  I kept the kitchen fairly clean all week and managed to cook dinner every night!

2)  We had a horribly moldy shower curtain that I soaked in vinegar and then washed and ta da!  It's clean again!  So we hung it back up.  I'm ashamed to say before I got more environmentally conscientious I would have just chucked it and gotten a new one. 

3)  I am all ready for both Advent and Hanukkah which converge on the same day this year.

Are we ready?


Yes we are!


4)  This isn't really housekeeping per se, but it led to a feeling of order which is one of the blessings of housekeeping, so they are related, sorta!  I have instituted a 'study hour' for myself.  Every day I am going to devote an hour to studying Latin and/or reading my classics spin book, A History of the Ancient World.  Some days I might just devote to one or the other pursuit, or I'll combine them when necessary.  Wednesday though I was busy from the moment I awoke until late in the evening.  And then I was too tired to do anything.  So I'll shoot for as many days as possible to do my study hour, but I won't despair if on some days I simply can't fit it in.

5)  I managed to get recycling, trash and the compost bin out on time.  Hey!  This doesn't happen every week, so it's a small but important win, when it does happen!

6)  We are getting our rain barrels installed today!  Yippee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment