I wanted to record my decluttering efforts, which haven't started up in full force yet. I did clean out my dresser and a bit of my closet, but all those clothes are still in a basket in my room waiting for me to get them out of the house. One obstacle is that I have only been buying these compostable plastic trash bags and they actually don't make very good discarding bags, but I keep forgetting to get the regular, non-eco-friendly bags.
This weekend a couple of things happened that made me feel a little raw emotionally. I am still struggling with that. I think it is compounded by the rainy weather we've been having for days. I got very blue. However, the sun came out yesterday and I think it is supposed to be nice today before it rains again tomorrow.
Yesterday, in an attempt to stop feeling so defeated by life, I determined to do something, anything to make the house better. So I cleaned off one shelf of my fridge and I cleaned out my washer and ran it twice with very hot water, an extra rinse cycle and white vinegar. I realized the washer was getting moldy and here we have B with mold issues. The top of my dryer was piled high with lint and old bottles of detergent and sundry junk, so I cleaned that off too.
And while babysitting little D last night, I actually spent about 10 minutes just tidying, because junk just gets strewn all over the floor with an active 2 year old ruling the house.
I seem to have some weird cold where my head feels woozy off and on, my throat feels swollen off and on and I get really tired and suddenly have to take a nap. Actually D had minor symptoms but then I took him grocery shopping with me last night and while we were in the store I could see him getting all stuffed up and beginning to develop a croupy cough. S, too has been complaining of a sore throat and feeling really fatigued. I am worried about him because we've dropped his med dosage in half and I think he's having a little trouble adjusting. It wasn't apparent the first week, but I see glimmers of old issues coming back. However, since he is at work all day and then hangs out mostly in his room once he gets home, plus the last couple of days he hasn't been feeling up to par, I'm not confident of my observations.
Today, I have to take my car in for two new tires. V will have to drive me and we'll have to share the Suburu today while my minivan is in the shop.
Also today, B has to take a cortisol test. She was feeling so much better and then she got a sudden anxiety attack or whatever you call it out of the blue. I mean out of nowhere, she suddenly started hyperventilating and sobbing. It was insane. It only lasted a few minutes, but what the heck??? So now we are checking her cortisol. We've done thyroid, mold, next thing is cortisol. The test is crazy. She has to spit enormous amounts of saliva into little bottles at 4 specified times today. She can only have water one hour beforehand. It must be frozen and then mailed off Fed Ex tomorrow morning. So that's on the agenda today. I am so nervous about sending her away to workcamp but she insists she'd more unhappy not going. I think part of my problem is I have ptsd from dealing with my kids' mental health issues.
Ok. I must make breakfast now. Today I think I"ll do another shelf in the fridge and since the weather is supposed to be nice, I will clean off the back porch. It is so gross. It is covered in pet hair and pollen and the old, sick cat keeps peeing in the corners. Sigh. I've been avoiding dealing with that. It's been too gross to face. She's so old and sick and she looks horrible. I'm so torn between having to put her down or not. Ugh. Also, I might spend 10 minutes dejunking the horrible, no good, very bad laundry room.
B has youth group tonight, so that will be her reward for spitting all day long and working on math, lit and history.
We'll see how the day goes.
Get some medium-size moving boxes to put the giveaways in! And good luck with B today...
ReplyDeleteGood idea about the moving boxes! And thanks!
ReplyDelete