I can't believe it's been a whole week since I blogged. My internet time has been taken up by
Catholics for Zero Waste and the American Solidarity Party's Registered Members facebook page.
On Sunday, for Mother's Day I said I wanted to go see Sully Historic Site, a place I have driven by at least 500 times and never gone in to see. So that's what we did in the afternoon. I didn't take many good photos but here are some:
 |
Approaching the plantation house.
|
Our lovely friend Vivianne and her cutie pie son, Dylan
 |
| Vivianne snapped this one. |
 |
The kitchen is housed in a separate little building.
|
Sunday night we feasted on this lovely cake for Mother's Day:
 |
Dylan gave his mother a rose for Mother's Day (though he wasn't cooperating for the photo and suddenly wanted to get down!)
|
Fast forward to Thursday and our last day of my Latin 1 class at the co-op. We were playing Latin hangman. One of the students is an acolyte for the Tridentine mass so he decided to use a Psalm in Latin when it was his turn. Did you have your psalms memorized in Latin when you were 13 years old? Me neither.
 |
| This is from Psalm 42 - the student did misspell a couple of words: repulisti should be reppulisti and affliglit should be adfligit. Still, I was majorly impressed! |
No comments:
Post a Comment