But I am excited I got a 93% for the course, so I am feeling pretty good about that. The first part of the exam was exactly what I had expected but the second half which was the two essays really got me off kilter. I just don't think I studied in the best way for them. After I was done I had no idea if I had completely blown it or if I was right on target. But I guess I did all right. So I am breathing a sigh of relief.
I still have three more mini-projects to do for Graduate Research Skills which I hope to knock out in the next two weeks.
And today I plan to sign up for three classes in the fall. They are Graduate Writing Skills, Faith and Revelation (a core Theology course) and Latin I. I figure I will know a lot of Latin I to begin with but it will give me practice in the stuff I don't go over in teaching high school level Latin I and then I'll be ready to take Latin II (at a graduate level) where I can finally move on to more advanced Latin.
One of the neat things about taking the exam on line was the fact that I could take it outside on the porch. Yesterday was perfect summer weather. I don't think I've ever taken an exam outside before. I found it much more relaxing.
The bathroom is coming along nicely. For a month now it's been nothing but dust and loud construction noises and workmen walking in and out and very little privacy. But things are coming together now. I was very nervous about whether I'd actually like what I'd picked for the vanities and tile, etc, but I think I do like them!
![]() |
| Everything is very unfinished but this shows the vanity and the tile. |
![]() |
| New tile, shower floor tile and new soaker tub. |
![]() |
| Our new honking big walk in closet! I never though reconfiguring things would give us such a big closet! |
A really great thing is that our houseguest had her case accepted by a Woman's Advocacy group so she is in the process of appealing for asylum. Her little son is so adorable but he is busy! And very advanced physically, so he is getting into all kinds of trouble. I really worry for his safety. We are trying to come up with things to keep him occupied and which will tire him out. Right now we need a baby swing, so we can take him outside and push him in a swing.
Tomorrow is B's birthday! My baby will be 15 years old! She's 15 going on 30. She has a big circle of friends and she is always asking for rides to this or that. Why is it my girls were so extroverted and practically collect friends as a hobby whereas my boys struggle at various levels with their social lives??? Though Will has found a great circle of friends up in Boston.
And only 11 days until S leaves for World Youth Day. Gotta get ready for that too. Gee, I'm jealous. I would love to go to Poland.
The other things I want to focus on is prepping for the Latin classes at the co-op and deep cleaning the house. Right now, due to construction there is this white dust everywhere. But also things are boxed up and we can't find anything and no matter how hard I try clutter collects on every horizontal plane. I am the clutter queen.
Terrible things are going in the world and some days I get really sucked into all that and despair, but underneath the news in every day life, there is a lot of good, lots to be thankful for and to rejoice in.



No comments:
Post a Comment